LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading from LV6.1 to LV7.1 crashes w/r nipalk.sys

I am using a PXI-1010 chassis with a PXI-8175 controller. This controller had WIN 2000 and LabVIEW 6.1 installed with no problems. I also had no problems installing the LabVIEW 7.1 full developement system until I tried to installed the 101 modules from the full Device Driver Reference CD. When system now continously reboots with a dialog message box stating "\SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\nipalk.sys device driver could not be loaded Error Status 0xc000012f". How do I fix this problem?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,175 Views)
Hello Jimmy,

System crashes such as the one you are experiencing are usually caused due to driver layer software. You said that the system continuously reboots. Does this mean that you are unable to do anything with the computer, or does it reboot after you perform some action?

What I recommend is making sure that you have all of the latest drivers installed on your machine by looking for the latest driver versions at Drivers and Updates. The problem could be something as simple as a driver layer incompatibility.

If the problem continues to persist evern after verifying the latest version of the drivers, post back to the thread with some further information. In particular, helpful information to troubleshoot such issues include driver versions, particularlly NI-PAL, detailed computer specifications, all hardware involved, how the problem is replicated, detailed error description, and a dump from the crash if possible.

Best of luck.

Jared A
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,147 Views)