LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to LabVIEW 2016 (from 2014) how to install NI Vision Development Module?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi to all.

I think that i have a simple question here but still i can't found a solution. I had updated from labview 2014 to 2016 and activated the 2016 version. I was thinking that I can import all the NI Vision VI like all the other VI, by copying the folder containing it from labview 2014 to labview 2016. Well... it's not working.  Where i made the mistake?

Thanks in advance,

Francesco

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,917 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author FM82

Hello FM82,

only copy the VI´s from the 2014 to the 2016 folder could work, but inside of the VI´s are DLL calls and the links to the DLL´s could go broken. With a mass compile the VI´s will be updated, but not the DLL calls and also the check for the activation, for the used functions, can be inside of DLL and this is for version 2014. I recommend to install the 2016 version of the Vision Development Modul, but this needs then to be fresh activated.

best regards
Alexander
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,887 Views)

I agree with Alexander.  When you install a new version of LabVIEW, I'm 99% certain that you also need to install all of the Toolkits and Modules (such as Vision) that you want to use with that version.  This is likely to be especially true for modules (like Vision) that have their own separate license.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,870 Views)

Adding on to the pile, why would you even want to install the 2014 version?  That's two years of bug fixes you're giving up on.  Who knows what you'll run into.

Is VDM one of the software items that's licensed once and good indefinitely or does it require a new license for updated versions?  I always forget which are which.

Even if it requires a new license, it's likely a better use of your time/money than trying to hack 2016 to work with the 2014 VDM.  Keep in mind, the two were never tested together and that can produce some rather undesired results for you as well.  If you run into those, it's unlikely NI will be of much help as you're operating outside of the intended usage =/

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,858 Views)

You're right, thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,843 Views)