LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to Labview 6.1 from 6.0

Hi,

I have a couple of questions:

1. I currently have Labview V6.0.2 and I'm having trouble opening a .vi that was written in Labview V6.1. Is there a free upgrade available from NI to LabView 6.1 ? If not, is there any way I can have my .vi saved to a 6.0.2 version from a 6.1 version ?

2. I had Labview V6.0.2 installed on Windows NT machine and I upgraded it to Windows XP. The installation worked fine and the environment seems to be working fine so far although I haven't tested any .vi or the DAQ interface so far. Are there any known compatibility issues with this 6.0.2 version with XP ? Which is the earliest version that is fully XP compatible?

I would appreciate any help.

Thank you in advance.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,465 Views)
LabVIEW 6.1 is not a free upgrade, contact your sales engineer for upgrade options. Depending on your situation, you might even want to upgrade to 8.0 anyway ;).

Anyone with LabVIEW 6.1 can convert the VI down to 6.0. You could post the VI here and somebody could convert it for you. (Sorry, I no longer have 6.1 installed).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,459 Views)
And the first version of LabVIEW that NI supports under XP is 6.1. You probably want to make sure that all of your drivers are XP compatible but I don't think running 6.0 itself will have any problems.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,455 Views)

Thank you for your responses. The NI sales engineer informed me that they no longer sell or provide 6.1 and asked me to post my request here on this discussion forum. I will try to put the .vi here and request someone to save to the 6.0 version.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,432 Views)