LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Labview without internet

I am scheduled to upgrade the Labview Development Suite from 2010 SP1 to 2012 on three computers. I have internet access on one of the computers but not the other two. I have a number concerns about the upgrade because the existing LabVIEW projects are so convoluted. But one concern is how do I activate the LabVIEW 2012 without internet access? Can I use the same activation numbers I obtain for the computer that does have internet access for the two computer that do not? Or do I need to obtain new activation numbers from NI for the other two computers?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,060 Views)

You have to get different activation numbers for each computer.  The activation number takes into account the computer ID, which is based on the MAC address or hard drive serial number.  You will be given the option to activate over email.  With no internet access, that is the next best way.  Usually takes between 5 to 10 minutes to get an automated response.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 3
(2,057 Views)

You can select calling to NI to obtain the activation numbers.

I doubt that the activation numbers from the other PC will work.. 

Maybe I should rephrase that to: I would be surprised if the activation numbers from the other PC would work..

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,056 Views)