LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating a web service as global variables update

Hey all! I've got a mildly interesting question. I'm using an sbRIO-9637 to transmit and receive analog signal data via FPGA using a DMA FIFO channel. I'm trying to create a web service that updates as my signal changes. However, I've only succeeded in creating a static graph of a signal when I start transmitting/receiving data. Interestingly enough, I checked the global variables that communicate between my VI and Web Service, and the global variables are changing as the signal changes (which is correct), but my web service is not. Does anyone know where/how I can find resources to help me out with this problem? Thanks in advance! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,719 Views)

Hi,

This can work but you have to deploy the web services so that they run in the same application instance (the scope of a global) as the application.

The best way to do this is to include them in your RT executable build rather than deploying them separately. You will find this option under the web services section of the build specification.

Cheers,

James

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
My writings on LabVIEW Development are at devs.wiresmithtech.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,662 Views)

Excellent! Is there an example of this hidden somewhere? I'd like to see a sample before implementing it. Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,642 Views)

Hi ahasanjee,

This National Instruments page further documents the necessary steps to follow.

Have you been able to try these out?

-cblanchard

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,606 Views)