Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating EtherCAT xml file

ESDLog.png

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(783 Views)

Hi Steve,

Sorry for the delay in response. I have brought this to the attention of our R&D department and they are currently reviewing the XML file that is not working. My hope is to get some more information out to you shortly and will reply here when I hear anything.

Patrick H | National Instruments | Software Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(768 Views)

Thanks for the update.  As I mentioned (implied?), the XML file is the least of my worries.  There was a basic state machine error in bringing the slave up that I would guess is independent of any XML specification (although I could be wrong).

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(763 Views)

Hi Steve,

I have mentioned both of the issues and provided the log screenshot that you posted previously. To make sure that I understand fully, does the original XML cause the error in state transition or is it only the second XML file?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(755 Views)

Tough to say - once I import an ESI XML file it seems to not be forgotten; if I delete my EtherCAT slave and then add it again I don't seem have to re-import my ESI.  Is there a way to purge the ESI import from my Labview installation?  (it doesn't seem to be on a per-project basis).

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(752 Views)

Hi Steve,

The XML files are pulled from the following directory:

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Shared\IndComECAT\DD

This directory may not have the (x86) if you are on a 32 bit machine. Deleting the XML will make it not show up after LabVIEW is restarted. We also took a look at your XML file and noticed there were some locked operating modes in the XML file so we unlocked them in the XML linked to this post. Try this XML out and see if you have better luck.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(743 Views)