From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update to IMAQ313: Labview and Matlab hang on startup.

After the update Labview 6.1 and Matlab 6.5.1 hang on startup of a VI that calls on Matlab during execution. It worked with IMAQ 2.5.2 before I updated to IMAQ 3.1.3 to overcome a problem with a DALSA2M30 camera file. Now, labview won't even load the VI.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,363 Views)
Can you load subvis that are used by your vi? Have you already tried a mass compile? Can you load vis that use similar functions and subvis? Do you get any error messages?

Please try to narrow down the problem as much as possible (ideally you should find the subvi that causes the problem). Do you see a similar behavior with any example vis that use NI-IMAQ functions? How do you communicate between Matlab and LabVIEW? Is there some (small) example code that you can post here for reproducing the problem?

Best regards,

Jochen Klier
National Instruments Germany

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,359 Views)
I checked all subvis. They all start fine except the one that has a Matlab script field. I've also created a new vi and only put in one Matlab script. When I tried to save it Labview didn't respond any more and I had to kill the process with the task manager.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,356 Views)
Here is a knowledgabe base article that deals with these problems. Please note that these issues are resolved in the LabVIEW 7.1.1 maintenance release.

I hope that helps,

Jochen Klier
National Instruments Germany
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,353 Views)