LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update of tank indicators (by sending a command within a while loop)

Solved!
Go to solution

Sorry for the double post: the version above is the original one, without any timeout event. But I did try and it doesnt work. here is what I tried:

edit: the manual of the pump: http://www.isco.com/manuals/UP001DIS.pdf

the section 7 covers our topic.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(967 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Flo-w

You still have not done what we instructed which was to wire a value to the timeout terminal.

I'm showing a value of 500 which mean 500 milliseconds or half a second.  You'll have to experiment to find out what value works best for you.

EDIT:

Okay.  That message was based on the last post you had sent, prior to sending a new post.

In you newly attached VI, you wired up the timeout structure, but you used a shift register and made it -1 after the first iteration of the while loop.  That disables the timeout event.

So try going back to the original VI and do what I have show in the attached picture.

I suggest turning on highlight exeucution and watch how the data flows so you can understand how LabVIEW works.  Perhaps go back and take the tutorials.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(964 Views)

It seems that it does work ! Thank you very much !!

Flo

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(956 Views)

Hi there,

So my solution is working quite fine, but sometimes I have to close and re-open the VI several times before the first commands are being sent ("VOLA" for example will send back an error, whereas after few try it will gives me the right volume that my syringe pump holds).

Any idea why ?

PS: the visa concerned by this question is the one on the left.

Flo

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(926 Views)

What error are you getting?

Do you need to send a termination character with those commands?  The code on the right has a carriage return as the termination character.  Do you need it for the device you are communicating with on the left?

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(921 Views)

So , I get an error from the WRITE function(-107....) and it has been fixed by adding the famous I/O flush buffer right before the call of the functions.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(898 Views)