LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update modes for system waveform graph

Solved!
Go to solution

I have two system waveform graphs that receive the same data type (1D array), but they update differently when the data reaches the "end" of the window. As you can see in the picture I attached, the displacement graph updates continuously and the force graph updates by creating extra white space. The update options under graph properties are grayed out so I don't have the option to change that. I looked through all the options and evertyhing appears to be the same. I also switched the data streams into the two graphs and the behaviour was the same with the data switched. 

Is there somethign that I overlooked that is causing the graphs to update differently?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,843 Views)

I would guess this is an autoscaling difference.  But all I can do is guess without the actual code.  Can you attach the VI?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,836 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author adekruif

Loose Fit?  This is available on the pop up menu for the scale but not on the properties page. Strange?

Lynn

Message 3 of 5
(2,829 Views)

The term "Update mode" is only define for charts, not graphs. You have graphs.

Yes, it looks like a difference in the "loose fit" x-axis scaling.

Message 4 of 5
(2,819 Views)
It was loose fit. I missed that in the pulldown menu. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,798 Views)