From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update cluster in subVI

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

In the attached VI1, I am trying to pass the cluster from VI1 to VI2, but the cluster elements doesn't update.  Can you offer some insights as to how I can go about updating the cluster from VI1 input to VI2?

Thanks,

hiNi

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,065 Views)

It works for me.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,058 Views)

The values are being updated, but not the listbox contents.  Since the contents is a GUI thing and has little to do with the data, those are not contained in the data on the wire.

What exactly are you trying to do here?  Perhaps a cluster of listboxes is not the way you should be going with this.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,057 Views)

Hello again,

I am trying to use the contents of the list box for later programming.  As you can see in the updated llb file for VI2, if I take Layer 2 out of the cluster, the Item names do not reflect the names that are input from VI1.

As I change the contents (i.e. Item names, Colum header names etc.) from VI1, I want those changes to take effect in VI2.

Thanks,

hiNi. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,048 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author hiNI

You could pass a reference to the cluster from VI1 to VI2.  VI2 would then access the Controls[] Property, index out each element, typedef it using a ListBox reference and then access the listbox Column Header and Item Names.  See the attached changes.

Steve

Message 5 of 5
(3,040 Views)