cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update cases in case structure after modifying "Case Type"

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

After modifying "Case Type" (one case was removed) I've discovered that cases in cases strcuture became "damaged": "named" cases have been changed for numerical ones (i.e. 0, 1, 2, 3).

Does exist some way to repaire case strcuture ?

Thanks

Pavel

case type modified.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(5,033 Views)

You have a coercion dot on your shift register / output of your case structure - that means the data type is just a number, instead of your type-definitioned enum, update the cases inside the case structure to remove the coercion dots to use your type definition instead. Use the context help and hover over the wire! The red dot is there to tell you something!

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(5,020 Views)

I assume LabVIEW can not automatically update all instances of your typ def. enum and your VI has errors. So open Error List (Ctrl+L) and go to the typ def. error. Right Click the grayed out type defition and choose "Review and update from Type Def..." which opens another dialog. Approve all errors and you're done.

Edit: As far as I know this is a LabVIEW2015 feature.

UliB

Message 3 of 10
(5,011 Views)

I've noticed these red dots and understood that they signify discrepancy in types.

But I don't see any update option when I right-click on case structure. Should I update them manually ?

case type modified (2).jpg

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,992 Views)

@UliB wrote:

I assume LabVIEW can not automatically update all instances of your typ def. enum and your VI has errors. So open Error List (Ctrl+L) and go to the typ def. error. Right Click the grayed out type defition and choose "Review and update from Type Def..." which opens another dialog. Approve all errors and you're done.

Edit: As far as I know this is a LabVIEW2015 feature.

UliB

Thanks,

I've tried your suggestion, but when I right-clicked on type definition error, nothing happened

case type modified (3).jpg

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,984 Views)

In your screenshot press"Show Error" after you selected an error. It brings you to the error in your block diagram. Your type definition which causes an error is grayed out. Right click the grayed out type definition and...

UliB

Message 6 of 10
(4,979 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pavel_47

Right-click on one of the greyed out enums and choose "Review and Update From Type Def".  That should allow you to fix the issues.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 7 of 10
(4,975 Views)

Super! Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,966 Views)

update the enums inside every case with the updated enum you have mentioned at left most side.then automatically it will show you all the cases in the specified text format.if you unable to see the modified cases then click on options"show all the cases" then it will show all the modified cases.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,455 Views)

Why this response to a 3 year old thread that is already marked as solved?

When I read your response, it actually confused me as to what point you are trying to make.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,439 Views)