From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Properties Of One Control In An Array

Hello all,

I'm currently using LV2012.  My application has an array of waveform graphs, each displaying a plot of a couple of signals (on a pair of channels each).  No problems there.

As a nice-to-have feature, I'd like to update the caption and/or label (and/or any other text property) of an individual waveform graph within that array.  I've found code to access the properties of a particular graph (https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-31607), but updating any of those causes updates to the entire array.

As a workaround, I'm thinking of putting an array of text boxes (with transparent backgrounds) over the top of the waveform charts to display the individual channel information instead.  Not my preferred solution, but it will get the implementation done quickly - I hope.  It will take some work to make it as extensible and flexible as the waveform plots, though.

If anybody has any thoughts about how to change just one plot's caption/label/text properties, please let me know.  Working code to show how to do it would be nice, too.

Regards,

Geoff

--
Geoff Field, BE, CLAD, MIEAust
Professional geek, amateur stage-levelling gauge
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,924 Views)

You can't.  When you have an array, each element of the array can have different values, but the properties are shared among all elements of the array.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,906 Views)

Thanks for that Sir Orioles...

I rather thought that was the case from the reading I've done to date.  Pity.  It would be a nice feature to have.

--
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,898 Views)

Is it possible to make an array of clusters instead of an array of graphs to perform this task?

Each cluster contains a graph.  The graph can be changed.  If you change the properties of the cluster's element, would it change every cluster in the array?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,892 Views)

Each waveform chart is already a cluster.

Possibly, if I add a string element to the cluster and display that, it would be a solution to my problem.

--
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,886 Views)