LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Polymorphic VI

There might be a simple solution out there, but I can't find it.

I have several polymorphic VIs that I have created and every once in a while I need to add a few methods to the PMVI.

Once I do this I have noticed that the PMVIs that have been previously used in another VI do not have the new methods listed, but if I pull over a new copy of the PMVI, I have the new methods.

Now I'm curious if they get updated the next time I open the parent project? (I've never checked) Or should I go through and replace every PMVI that I have in the VI to update them? Or just leave them?

Thanks for any insight,

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,222 Views)

Are you specifically choosing which method to use or do you leave it configured to adapt to the input? I have not encountered this issue myself but suspect you may be explicitly picking which method to use and therefore it is not seeing the update. In general, you should always put the polymorthic VI itself on the block diagram, not one of its member VIs.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,213 Views)

When I closed the project and then re-opened it and all of the dependencies were allowed to re-link, the new functions were there.  This is fine, but it is a little of a pain to have to close everything, then re-open it all again.

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,211 Views)

I agree with what (I think) Mark was getting to: If you are installing the polymorphic VI itself all new items that you create should show up immediately in all instances of the polymorphic VI. If that is not what you are not seeing there is something very wrong. What is the polymorphic VI doing?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,200 Views)