LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unrecoverable system hang

Hello all,

I am having a funny issue related a system currently under development. Periodically, I am getting the error -1073807360 from a VI that is attempting to initialize a serial port and for whatever reason, this causes the whole system to hang.  By this, I mean that Labview can not be shut down via the Windows Task Manager and I have to log off to get Labview to restart.  The system under development is architected around the Actor Framework, but it is not clear whether the problem lies somewhere around there.  I have attached an image of the system hang.  The fact that the error is thrown is not a big deal, but the fact that Labview will not recover is disturbing.  Does anyone have any thoughts about this? 

Cheers, Matt

EDIT: This hang seems to be totally unrelated to the error - I fixed the error and am still experiencing the hang (no error is thrown).  On another note, it seems I am still able to restart Labview after attempting to stop these processes.  However, the ghost windows seem to stick around (see second image).

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,120 Views)

Are you able to locate at what point during runtime that the program hangs (error or no error)? If so, what is the process that is causing the hang? Are you able to run other LabVIEW programs? 

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,041 Views)

Thanks for the reply, Bill.  I just got back on this and it seems there may be a permissions thing going on.  Our organization is beginning to lock down permissions on computers and it seems that I may have been unable to kill certain processes (including LV for whatever reason).  I should know more today.

Matt

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,019 Views)