LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlicense Version of IMAQ copy

Hello All!!!

I´m trying to make an installer of a project that has a Fire-Wire camera.
When i add the addicional installers I only find NI-IMAQ 3.7, this is a strange fact, because i would expect to have NI-IMAQdx and NI-IMAQ for 1394.
After the instalation the camera does not appear in MAX. I only can solve this problem if i mannually install the CD of IMAQ Acquisition.

After this the camera appear in max, but when i try to execute my application an error message appear saying more or less "Unlicensed Version of IMAQ copy".

I can only solve this if i install the Imaq Vision CD.

I must solve these problems, because if i do this procedure I'm giving piracy to my customer.

How can a make a correct and complete instaler?

Regards and thanks in advance.

Paulo Carmo
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,646 Views)

I think unlike labview distributed applications, 1394 requires a liscense with each distribution. 

Paul

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,641 Views)

Hi again and thanks for yur fast reply!

I tryed with an analog camera and a PCI-1411 and the same error message appear, do you think that i need a license for Imaq Vision also?

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,630 Views)

This is probably the case I am distributing an immaging application and had to purchase NI cision acquisition kit to put on the machine with the executable.  The license was far less than the vision package but it might be needed in your case.  Check with NI on deployment license.  I wish the deployment did not need this but in my case i had to factor it into the cost of development.

Paul

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,622 Views)
Hi,

I wish i understood your problem, if I did I have to tell you that you have to install NI-IMAQ, NI-IMAQ 1394 and so on, on each PC you wish to deploy your application.

Regards

Richard Keromen

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,592 Views)

HI!

OK, I will install that. But should I buy some license to do that?

PS: I'm an alliance member and I already bought the full development pack of software.

Thanks in advance, best regards

Paulo Carmo

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,590 Views)
Hi,

I explained the wrong way, you don't need to use the whole driver on each Pc, but just the IMAQ run-time engine.
You won't have to pay for this since you have the original drivers.

Regards

Richard Keromen

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,587 Views)