From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown error when adding a DAQ assistant to a blank VI in LabView 2014

Hello,

I currently have an issue when I try to add a DAQ assistant to a blank VI  in LabView 2014 Service Pack 1, version 14.0.1.

It was working previously and has now stopped working.  I have reinstalled LabView 2014 but the problem still exists.

I have also reinstalled NI-DAQmx 14.5 but this did not cure the problem either.  

I have made sure that the C:\Program files\National Instruments\MAX folder has Read & execute, List folder contents, Read function allowed for the user account in use on Windows 8.1

Thanks in advance for the help.

Scott.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,411 Views)

Is "unknown error" the name of the error?  Does this force LV to close?  Does it happen as soon as you drop the express VI or when you run the VI?

Can you try one of the examples from the example finder using DAQmx calls to see if those work?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,381 Views)

As soon an the DAQ assistant is dropped onto the VI block diagram an error window pops up stating that "An unknow error has occurred" with an ok button.   This does not force LV to close, the DAQ assistant icon stays on the block diagram, the block is non functional i/o signals available to wire to, I can not access any properties for the DAQ assistant.  Other than that LV appears to be functioning.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,378 Views)
Can you use the lower level DAQmx functions? What about MAX? Can you create a task there? Does the self-test pass? Have you tried doing a repair of the MAX database?
Message 4 of 7
(3,372 Views)

It appears that the lower level DAQmx functions work.  I am able to make DAQmx tasks in MAX ver. 14.5 and then use DAQmx read and write commands in my VI.

I have tried re-installing DAQmx multiple times along with LV itself.  I am using a usb-6229 and it passes the self tests and calibrations.  The usb-6229 hardware appears to be functioning fine.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,353 Views)

Hello...

I have to know hoe to fix the error.

You must go to the location of the EXE file {May be is NiAsstnt/NIMax/MAXComputerID/nimxs/nimxsffine} fine properties then click "Compatibility" tab then edit check box "Run this program in compatibility mode for [Windows 8]"  and uncheck "Run this program as an administrator".

Yours sincerely

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,861 Views)

Scott, were you able to get this fixed somehow? I am encountering the same error using LV 2018 and DAQmx 18.6. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,428 Views)