LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknow internal error -124201 using WEBDAV to return remote file path info

Hi All,

I am trying to use the Labview WebDAV "Path info" VI on my cRio 9068 to see if a file exists on a remote data server. I am running into an issue where that VI fails and returns an An "unknown internal error" of -124201. I have been unable to find any info on Ni.com regarding this error, I have no clue as to how to troublesoot this issue, since other WebDAV VIs work correctly in the same enviroment.

Does anyone have any insite into this error regarding WebDAV PathInfo ?

Below is some example Labview code:

File check Block diagram.jpg

File Check Front panel.jpg

I am using Labview Real-Time 14.0.1 with WebDAV Client & Server 14.0.0 on my cRio

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(4,893 Views)

Looking around, it looks like usually -124201 goes with permissions errors. Are you currently testing the case where the file exists, or where the file is missing?

William R.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(4,848 Views)

Hi GaintDeathRobot,

I am testing the case where the file exists, the other WEBDAV call in my example, Get Buffer , is able to read the contents of the file no problem. I assume this would rule out a premssions issue.

I repeated the test with a mssing file, I get the same "unknow internal error" from the Path Info VI, the Get Buffer returns error -124100, "resource not found", which is fine. That's a meaningful error at least, "An unknow internal error", is worthless and does not convey any useful information.

File mssing front panel.jpg

Thanks for your suggestion,

I am thinking of just using the WebDav Get Buffer VI as a work around for the file existance check , should work fine for small files, but I am not sure about large ones.

I would probably need someone from within National to get to the bottom of this one due to the vague error code.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(4,819 Views)

Well, there is the Directory Listing VI... you could run a directory list and check the resulting list for the file you are looking for.

Unfortunately, I'll be out of the office for the next couple weeks, so I can't do much more digging than that internally. But you could certainly open up a service request, and one of the other Applications Engineers could look into it further.

William R.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(4,800 Views)

Hi GaintDeathRobot,

I tried your suggestion of using the Directory Listing VI, Unfortunately the same result, it returns the same unknown internal error -124201.

Thanks for your input.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(4,721 Views)

I'm running into the same issue intermitently using the Webdav Delete VI.  I'm wondering if there was ever any conclusion brought to this.  It's not a huge deal and I can get around it but it is not a very helpful error and I would like to put in some sort of smart solution based in the actual issue instead of just guessing at work arounds.  

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(4,568 Views)

Hi Scliepe,

We weren't able to find anything conclusive on the first post. However, coming from the WebDAV Delete VI, that one is an issue we know about. It's filed under CAR 517393. Are you seeing this error intermitently on the same file, or on different files?

William R.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(4,549 Views)

I've been seeing it on different files.  I did get the error again today from a different VI but don't know which one since I was working off of an executable instead of my source code.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(4,545 Views)

Okay, so you can either delete the file, or you get this error? What are the permissions on the files throwing the error? 

William R.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(4,520 Views)

William,

Well, it is in the context of copying a file from a cRIO up to a computer and the way it happens is if there is an error it will come back around and transfer the data at a later time, so I'm not completely sure what is happening, if the file is not there yet, is having trouble being deleted, is being accessed somehow still when the delete is being performed.  But I know that when I go back in to the directory where the file was it gets deleted, it just might take more than one time through the process.  

I hope that makes sense.

Erich

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(4,510 Views)