LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unit change problems

Solved!
Go to solution

Yeah I think it's not a very good idea to have different units in the same array, but it's too late to fix that because I have done quite lot of work already :(.

How did you connect between "equal" and "select" because of different types of data (boolean and cluster of boolean)? The line is broken.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(577 Views)

As I have different units in the same array, should I separate the main array into 2 portions for flow and pressure in order to split the units? or limit the user to adjust the units which are proper for each value, such as flow with only l/hr or l/min and pressure with only bar or pascal? Which one do you think it's better?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(574 Views)

@Angkrit wrote:
[...]

How did you connect between "equal" and "select" because of different types of data (boolean and cluster of boolean)? The line is broken.

Right-click on the Equals node and change the comparison mode.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(558 Views)

@Angkrit wrote:

As I have different units in the same array, should I separate the main array into 2 portions for flow and pressure in order to split the units? or limit the user to adjust the units which are proper for each value, such as flow with only l/hr or l/min and pressure with only bar or pascal? Which one do you think it's better?

The first option sounds easier.  Unless there's a compelling reason to write the validation code to implement the second, I'd go with KISS.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(556 Views)

I already tried to split the units as in the attacment, but I'm also confused with writing the code. Could you please take a look? it's pretty confusing for me. 😞

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(544 Views)

Sorry for the wrong attachment. Here is the new one I already did. I tried to split the units already and wrote a new code for it but it's still not working :(.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(533 Views)

Hi Angkrit,

Can you please elaborate on what you are looking to do still? What is not working about your VI? What functionally are you trying to add? It is not very intuitive how exactly the VI should function, what is the Save, Active, and No. for?

Tim O

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(504 Views)

Thanks for helping but I already got my vi that I was expecting already.  Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(493 Views)