From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unhandled MSI error message on run of built Setup.exe

Yes, it does work in SP 1 but I only tried it once.

I did try re-building the entire installer on component at a time, and I thought it was working after that, but then I went  back to build again and it wasn't working.  At this point I was very fustrated so I abandoned my attempt but it does seem like either the combination of installers and exe and bat files I had selected or just re-using the installer caused the problem.  I didn't go so far as creating a new project but I did start that.  We'll be migrating over to SP 2 in the next two weeks so when that happens if the problem isn't fully resolved then I'll be back to find a solution.

Bob

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 39
(2,387 Views)

Although I was initially able to make a few installations from my project in LabVIEW 2010 SP1, I also later got the 1627: 1: 2727 2:. error at install.  I did make a few changes to the project structure during the time between the successful builds and the error builds so that might have had something to do with it. As a side note, both the build and install PCs were XP Pro.  I tried to see what I could do to get around the install error, but in the end, I decided to follow Drew's suggestion, recreated the project from scratch, and the installation is now successful.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 39
(2,355 Views)

I'm having the same problem. I'm curious if anyone else experiencing it notices that when building the installer, the "Build Status" window hangs at the end of the build process for several minutes before showing "complete." This is happening in my case.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 39
(2,339 Views)

I am seeing this too.  I am building on LV 2009 SP1/Windows 7 x32 and trying to install on Windows 7 x64 (clean installation).

I am able to run the installer on the x32 system, but not the x64 system.  Could that be the problem for me?  I thought I could build an x32 to run on x64.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 39
(2,333 Views)

kgolden,

Are you by chance trying to copy or install any files into the [System] or system32 folder?

Drew T.

Drew T.
Camber Ridge, LLC.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 39
(2,323 Views)

Just as an FYI, I reinstalled the target machine with a fresh Windows 7 x32 install and I get exactly the same error message.  So it's not the x64 and it's probably not the MSI engine on the target.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 39
(2,315 Views)

Drew,

If I am installing anything into System or System 32, it's not my own application's installer. It would be one of the NI components I'm installing. Also, the issue has gone away after I deleted my install build and re-did it from scratch. I wish I knew what it is that I did differently.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 39
(2,305 Views)

Same issues here.

Unhandled MSI Error

MsiError 1627: 1:2727 2: . 

WinXP Pro build machine

WinXP Pro installation target (completely fresh OS installation)

Tried the build on Win7 x64 and got exactaly the same error.

I am not writing anything to the system or system32 directories, at least not anything I configured in the installer. I do have the following installation packages from NI added to the installer

NI LabVIEW Run-Time Engine 2010 SP1 (all options checked)

NI Measurement & Automation Explorer 4.7

NI Variable Engien 2.4.1

NI-DAQmx Core Runtime 9.2.3

NI-DAQmx MAX Configuration Suppoprt 9.2.3

NI-VISA Configuration Support 5.0

NI-VISA Runtime 5.0.3 

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 39
(2,246 Views)

Hate to pile on , I'm seeing the same thing too.  1627!  I downloaded MSI 4.5 for the target PC.  I could not install on XP SP3 and I got the 1627.

Build machine Win 7, LV 2010 SP1, all NI modules are up to date.

Target Win XP SP3

Am using 64 bit Win 7 on build machine.

MSI downloads

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyId=5A58B56F-60B6-4412-95B9-54D056D6F9F4&dis...

-------
Mark Ramsdale
-------
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 39
(2,234 Views)

Good Afternoon,

Did y'all by chance recently upgrade from a previous version of LabVIEW?  This error can come up due to corruption of build specifications for installers in the course of this transfer.  If this is the case you can delete those build spes, start freash, and then it should run fine.  I hope this helps!

-Cody C

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 39
(2,211 Views)