From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unhandled MSI error message on run of built Setup.exe

In LabVIEW 8.0, I built my application and it runs fine.  I then built an installer for the application, but when I tried to install the setup.exe file (on another computer that does not have LabVIEW installed, as a test), I got the following error message:

Unhandled MSI Error
Details:
1627: 1: 2727 2:.

Can someone please help me understand what I did wrong, and how do I fix it?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 39
(5,663 Views)
Sorry, I don't know this specific error, but here are a few things to check.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 39
(5,646 Views)
Here are the answers:
1:  OS version is Windows XP professional, vers 2002.  I have the System Requirements set to Windows 2000 or later.
2.  Installer only includes NI LabVIEW Run-TIme Engine 8.0.1.  
3.  The computer shows Windows Installer 3.1 (KB893803).

Additional info:  I do have a sub-vi included where I open an Excel template via Active X.  This VI is added to the Dynamic VIs and Support Files listbox.  I am going to re-build my application without this VI to see if that is the issue.

Thanks,

Ziggy.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 39
(5,625 Views)
Hi Ziggy,

This definately sounds like a problem with your MSI installer rather than your LabVIEW program.  Upgrading to the latest version might fix it.  Also, this KB is tangentially related and may be of interest.

Let us know if you are still having problems after trying these suggestions.
Eric V
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer

"I'm a Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech and a helluva (NI Applications) Engineer!"
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 39
(5,614 Views)

I have this same problem with LabVIEW 2010 on multiple PC, all of which have the latest version of Windows Installer.

I am using the report generation toolkit but there are no dynamic VIs.  However, there are some class functions that are called dyanamically. LV Run-time isntstaller is included in the installer but no others.

The exe build works correctly in all instances but the installer gives teh MSI error.

Test on Win 7 Office 2010 Dell x64 machine with LV2010.  Running setup.exe on same machine gives an error.

Tested on WinXP Office 2003 IBM x86 with LV2011.  Running setup.exe on same machine gives an error.

The above setup.exe when built without the application inluded (i.e. on LV2010 RT installer and support files) doe run without error.

Running a simlary setup.exe file that was built in LV2010 SP1 on the win7 machine does not give this error.  Have not confirmed that the build are identical but they are very similary and use the same source code/project/ and. applications but built in SP1

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 39
(5,200 Views)

Hi Bob,

Are you getting the exact same MSI error code (1627) that was included in the above post?  If not, which MSI error are you getting and could you include a screenshot?

Thanks,

Austin S.

Regards,
Austin S.

National Instruments
Academic Field Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 39
(5,188 Views)

Here's the image.

msierrorSS.png

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 39
(5,147 Views)

msierrorSS.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 39
(5,145 Views)

I am getting the same error with LV 2010 SP1.  Was this ever resolved?  I am using Report generation toolkit and also have  3rd party msi installer that I included in the build.

MsiError 1627: 1: 2727 2: . 

Director of Engineering
G Systems, www.gsystems.com
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified LabVIEW Embedded Systems Developer
Certified Professional Instructor
GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 39
(5,114 Views)

Bob,

From what I can tell, you have done some extensive testing on your project.  Thank you!  It really helps to rule out some possibilities.

First off, have you tried opening the project in LabVIEW 2010 SP1 and building it there?  I haven't found any documentation, but your mention that a similar project built in SP1 works may indicate that something was fixed or changed that overcame your problem.

The other suggestion I would have is that sometimes the Application Builder can get a little wonky, and it sometimes helps to create a new project, copy the files into it, and build the installer from the new project.  This has been shown to work in the past with issues similar to yours.

Good luck!

Drew Terry

Applications Engineer

Drew T.
Camber Ridge, LLC.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 39
(5,107 Views)