From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unhandled Error in Starter Kit 2.0

Hello,

I am trying to develop some applications with the NI sbRIO-9632 that came with the Starter Kit 2.0, however whenever I try to run the Robotics Hardware Setup I get an "Unhandled Error".

The device appears in the "Targets Detected" list with the correct serial number and with an IP address.

I tried to "ping" the device to see if it responded and the results are shown in the screenshot:

First time the device was connected directly to computer

Second time the device was connected in the same network as the computer I was using

Third time I "pinged" the computer next to me

Last time again the device was connected directly to computer

I included some screenshot that show how I got the problem.

Can anyone help?

Thank You

Davide

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,312 Views)

I tried searching for the error code, but I only found a fairly closely related error with a different code

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,309 Views)

@DLabview wrote:

I tried searching for the error code, but I only found a fairly closely related error with a different code

Are you using WLAN on your computer?

I have noticed that sbRIO can crash when I am not connected through an Ethernet cable and network switch.

Br,

/Roger

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,305 Views)

Nope, the computer I was using was connected to a wired LAN network.

However the PC has 2 ethernet ports, one is the default one whereas the other one is on a different networking card.

The network is quite a busy and extended, the department I'm working in is quite big and contains many hundreds of PCs and devices connected via wired LAN or via Wi-Fi access points.

The device didn't really crash though, it basically fails to connect to a PC in order to receive a program.

Other people are experiencing my same issue with the same sbRIO, and we don't really know what is going on.

Davide

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,293 Views)

@DLabview wrote:

Nope, the computer I was using was connected to a wired LAN network.

However the PC has 2 ethernet ports, one is the default one whereas the other one is on a different networking card.

The network is quite a busy and extended, the department I'm working in is quite big and contains many hundreds of PCs and devices connected via wired LAN or via Wi-Fi access points.

The device didn't really crash though, it basically fails to connect to a PC in order to receive a program.

Other people are experiencing my same issue with the same sbRIO, and we don't really know what is going on.

Davide

Just to make sure, try to connect an ethernet cable directly between the sbRIO and your computer (perhaps connect it to that extra port).

Also, is the sbRIO connected to a hub or a switch? If it is a hub and it starts to transmit broken packets from some junky WLAN card/router, it might cause problems?

First I got some bad latency, basically the connection went intermittent on/off, on my sbRIO, then a few minutes it went belly up and crashed (froze).

Br,

/Roger

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,290 Views)

I tried to connect the sbRIO directly to the computer, and then to the network.

I tried to "ping" the device, the results are in the attachment I posted earlier, but in neither of the conditions it worked.

It almost looks like the sbRIO assigns itself an IP address (I tried on different PCs, it had always the same IP address), a bit like a computer does when a router does not allocate an address for him in a short time.

Plus, the IP address the sbRIO gets, does not make much sense to me...have a look at the attachment where I ping it.

Davide

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,287 Views)

@DLabview wrote:

I tried to connect the sbRIO directly to the computer, and then to the network.

I tried to "ping" the device, the results are in the attachment I posted earlier, but in neither of the conditions it worked.

It almost looks like the sbRIO assigns itself an IP address (I tried on different PCs, it had always the same IP address), a bit like a computer does when a router does not allocate an address for him in a short time.

Plus, the IP address the sbRIO gets, does not make much sense to me...have a look at the attachment where I ping it.

Davide

Ah, that is the IP number that the sbRIO gets when you have point to point ethernet.

Maybe there is already an application executing on the sbRIO since you are many that share it?

Try to use the remote file transfer/deletion functionality in MAX, and delete if there are any startup .rtexe file there.

Br,

/Roger

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,285 Views)

The "funny" (not really) thing about using MAX, is that I tried to search the sbRIO with that too, but it does not find it 😞

Try to use the remote file transfer/deletion functionality in MAX, and delete if there are any startup .rtexe file there.

Br,

/Roger

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,282 Views)

Add the device in max by specifying the IP number. Sometimes it simply cant find the device depending on network configuration. Only way is to shove an IP number down its throat.

Br,

/Roger

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,280 Views)