LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undo.cpp Line 471 Error when swapping or reordering tabs in tab control

Solved!
Go to solution

As per the subject line, on two computers, even starting a brand new VI, if I add a Tab Control, and then try to swap or reorder the tabs, I get an undo.cpp line 471 error. Duplicating a tab and the contents is fine, the issue only appears when reordering.

Any ideas? This is Labview 2016 32 bit and I believe it is the same error in 64 bit, but it pops a different crash dialog without specifying the line number.

Is there any way to disable undo temporarily so that I can get past this and continue?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,462 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author CanadaGuy

the 2016 f1 patch addressed this

for both 32 bit and 64 bit (Windows) google for other os's

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 2 of 7
(3,456 Views)

How can I verify that is installed?

I did see another reference to undo.cpp, but it was around line 3080 or something like that...or maybe it was fpsane.cpp

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,452 Views)

I noticed it isn't listed in my about, so I guess this isn't offered through the Update Service? Also, the patch here:

http://www.ni.com/download/labview-development-system-2016/6358/en/

mentions 32 bit....what about 64 bit?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,440 Views)

Argh, my bad...so I found the 64 bit versions and am downloading both the F1 and F2 patches right now.

Is there a reason these have been left out of the update service?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,439 Views)

@raceybe wrote:

Argh, my bad...so I found the 64 bit versions and am downloading both the F1 and F2 patches right now.

Is there a reason these have been left out of the update service?

making patches available via Update service is a patch-by-patch decision internal at NI.  The bugs fixed by those patches did not meet their threshold.

Or, so I was told.  Frankly, an IDE Crash prohibiting the execution of a simple Right Click option with no possible workaround (Like reordering tabs in a tab container AHEM!) probably should have been escalated. But, I didn't get a vote.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 6 of 7
(3,428 Views)

Thanks for the prompt reply. This almost wasted my weekend.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,425 Views)