From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undo.cpp Line 471 Error when swapping or reordering tabs in tab control

Solved!
Go to solution

As per the subject line, on two computers, even starting a brand new VI, if I add a Tab Control, and then try to swap or reorder the tabs, I get an undo.cpp line 471 error. Duplicating a tab and the contents is fine, the issue only appears when reordering.

Any ideas? This is Labview 2016 32 bit and I believe it is the same error in 64 bit, but it pops a different crash dialog without specifying the line number.

Is there any way to disable undo temporarily so that I can get past this and continue?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,509 Views)
Solution
Accepted by CanadaGuy

the 2016 f1 patch addressed this

for both 32 bit and 64 bit (Windows) google for other os's

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 2 of 7
(3,503 Views)

How can I verify that is installed?

I did see another reference to undo.cpp, but it was around line 3080 or something like that...or maybe it was fpsane.cpp

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,499 Views)

I noticed it isn't listed in my about, so I guess this isn't offered through the Update Service? Also, the patch here:

http://www.ni.com/download/labview-development-system-2016/6358/en/

mentions 32 bit....what about 64 bit?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,487 Views)

Argh, my bad...so I found the 64 bit versions and am downloading both the F1 and F2 patches right now.

Is there a reason these have been left out of the update service?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,486 Views)

@raceybe wrote:

Argh, my bad...so I found the 64 bit versions and am downloading both the F1 and F2 patches right now.

Is there a reason these have been left out of the update service?

making patches available via Update service is a patch-by-patch decision internal at NI.  The bugs fixed by those patches did not meet their threshold.

Or, so I was told.  Frankly, an IDE Crash prohibiting the execution of a simple Right Click option with no possible workaround (Like reordering tabs in a tab container AHEM!) probably should have been escalated. But, I didn't get a vote.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 6 of 7
(3,475 Views)

Thanks for the prompt reply. This almost wasted my weekend.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,472 Views)