From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unchecking "Allow Undefined Strings" for System Combo Box Doesn't Work

Hi Franz,

There is certainly a chance, but unfortunately I have no way of knowing when the fix will be released.  You can always monitor ni.com for a LabVIEW 2010 Bug Fixes page and use the CAR ID to find the fix.  I hope this helps.

Kristen H.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 21
(1,344 Views)

This is still broken to this day.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 21
(1,169 Views)
still broken...
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 21
(1,050 Views)

wow, I posted that 2 years ago... I'm getting old.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 21
(1,048 Views)

Yes. I just found the same problem with LV 2012. Annoying!

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 21
(1,006 Views)

For some reason I imagine this being a relatively simple fix...

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 21
(996 Views)

Wow 9 years after the first post and this is still not fixed in LabVIEW 2017. Could you please fix this National Instruments?

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 21
(815 Views)

Hi Jonathan,

Can you include your steps to recreate? I'm using LabVIEW 2016 with the code included in the first post and I am not able to duplicate the behavior.

What I have tried:

1. Type the first letter of a word. The word autocompletes, hitting delete or backspace does nothing

2 Type a word and complete the field. Go back and trying to delete parts of the word. If I include the first letter in my selection, it deletes the entire word. If not, it does nothing.

So far, this seems like expected behavior. Neither case allowed me to select a word other than those included in the combo.

Matthew C

AE | NI

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 21
(783 Views)

i must concurr with matthew, seems to work fine,

what steps make it reproducable for you jonathan?

If Tetris has taught me anything, it's errors pile up and accomplishments disappear.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 21
(778 Views)

Using the attached LabVIEW 2016 VI in either LabVIEW 2016 or 2017, run the VI, highlight the text and press backspace or delete then press enter to click somewhere else. LabVIEW excepts the blank value.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 21
(761 Views)