LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uncertainy in Time-Loop for Image Capturing

Hi everyone,

I set up a sequence image acquisition through a old Basler camera using Labview. The frame rate is 10 Hz. It is regulated by an external signal generator, which acts as a trigger. The acquisition at 10 Hz runs smooth, how much would you estimate the uncertainty in the frame rate? Do you think that 10% of the frame rate is too much?  This means each image is taken every 0.1 seconds with an uncertainty of +/- 0.01 seconds...

Please let me know what you think about it.

ES

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,509 Views)

If you have a signal generator set up as a clock, then your camera should be capturing images within the error of your clock.  I do not see where LabVIEW would make a difference here.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,468 Views)

It is much easier to give an answer if we can see exactly what you did, and how you did it.  Please post your VI (post the actual VI or an executable VI Snippet, as we need to be able to edit and test it).

Often times, the hardware (such as the camera) are your best source of timing.  You can, in fact, test it by using the High Precision timer and measuring the reproducibility of the frame rate (or time between frames).  If it turns out that it is stable, use the Camera as your "clock" and have it drive your loops.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,466 Views)