LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unboundle a Cluster with 2 elements

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I have a Gauge control with 2 needles which means it has 2 elements. How would I unboundle the Gauge cluster into separate elements in order to change the property node settings for each element. This is probably an easy answer for someone I hope 😃

Tnx.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,461 Views)

Which property do you want to act uppon?

If you only want to access the sliders' properties then you need to use the "active slider" property (i32 from 0 for the first slider to n-1) then set all its properties.

The knob is a special kind of cluster I think, it doesn't inherit from cluster but from numeric, see the viserver class tree :

Clipboard01.png

Hope this helps

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,451 Views)

Actually I just wanted to split the 2 element cluster into single elements and pass it into a property node so I can modify it's behavior. How would I do that?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,435 Views)
Solution
Accepted by QRP

Hi qrp,

are you looking for the Unbundle function?

check.png

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 4 of 6
(2,427 Views)

hmm,  I thought I tried the obvious. Yes, this is what I needed.

Tnx.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,423 Views)

From reading the previous posts i have the impression that the OP does not use the same terminology as "we" do....

I think he is only looking into changing the VALUE of the sliders. The gauge cluster simply contains scalar numeric elements which holds the value property for each needle (aka "slider"). So Gerd's answer with unbundle/bundle (cluster palette) is the correct hint.

If the OP really wants to change e.g. graphical appearance of the needle (e.g. color), the data cluster of the gauge is of no use. The OP must use a property node of the gauge itself, set the active slider (see above, this is a needle!) and select the expected property, e.g. color.

hope this helps,

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,420 Views)