From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to see images in MAX

I have attached the converted VI’s as well as a picture of the second VI’s block diagram. Unfortunately, I was unable to get all of the subVI’s as it looks like their drivers must have changed but, you can see where those VI’s should be. I do think it is the second one as the first is identical to the one found on their website. Hope these help.

------------------------------
Bill E. | Applications Engineer | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(1,122 Views)

Hi everyone,

my name is Luca and i'm using a NEC H2640 Thermocam. i was tryin to connect this camera to the FireWire board and finally i was able to see it in the MAX windows among other NI IMAQ devices. Next i tried to click on it and once selected play mode i saw this mex:

"IMAQ dx ERROR

ERROR 0x80040217"

Is it possible that my Thermocam cannot interface with NIMAQdx drivers?

I got the latest release of those drivers.

How can i be able to view images in real time in MAX and than in LabView?

Thanks so much for ur help!

Luca

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(1,087 Views)

Hello Luca, 

For future reference, you will have far better viewership and chances of replies if you create your own thread instead of posting to an older one. 

The most likely reason is that this camera does not adhere to necessary interface standards in order to connect with MAX. If your camera's interface is Firewire (1394), then it must be DCAM Compliant. You should be able to identify if it is by looking at your camera's specifications or by calling the camera vendor. 

Is My Camera Supported by National Instruments?

Also make sure that your Vision Acquisition Software (VAS) is indeed activated by going into the NI License Manager program to verify that it is activated for your computer. 

If you find out that it is in fact compliant, then you will want to reference the following article for a list of troubleshooting steps to attempt. 

Troubleshooting FireWire (IEEE 1394) Camera Installation Problems

Huntington W
National Instruments
Applications Engineer

***Don't forget to give Kudos and Accepted as Solution where it is deserved***
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(1,069 Views)

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(1,030 Views)

@Ever_Song:

I'm trying to use your dll, but can't get it to work.

Sentech camera: STC_SBA503POE

LabVIEW 2014 SP1 or later

St Trg Open.vi return 4294967295 in U32 (-1 in I32).

If I ignore the error, no other error, but no image either.

Is there an update?

Could you share the source code the your dll?

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(756 Views)