LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to resolve conflict in project dependencies

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a, what appears to be, an empty vi but as soon as I put it in a project a conflict appears in the dependencies. It is a LabVIEW 2010 vi which I added to this post. So when you create a new and empty LabVIEW 2010 project, add this vi to the project you should see this conflict in the dependencies. Any idea how to resolve this?

I added this vi also to a labVIEW 2015 project but when I save the vi the dependency disappears so there is a difference in behaviour.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,306 Views)

Hi Steffan,

what happens when you right-click the Vi in your project and choose "Resolve conflicts"?

Which conflicts are shown?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,297 Views)

Thanks Gerd,

This is what I see:

Capture.PNG

When I select Find | Callers it refers to Test.vi but there is no code in this vi.

I addressed it as a conflict but I now realize that is a maybe confusing. It is not a conflict but a missing vi.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,290 Views)

Hi Steffan,

a conflict usually occurs when a VI is referenced in two different places (as file on your harddrive).

A conflict in the dependencies usually doesn't harm…

Edit:

When I put your VI in a fresh project (LV2014) I also see this depency in the project. It seems your VI is "kind of broken" as it seems to reference a missing "DAQ_..." VI which doesn't exist on my harddrive apparently.

Solution: Delete this "Test.VI" and create a new clean VI!

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,284 Views)

In my case it does harm Smiley Frustrated. I filtered this example from a large project. This large project contains a Source Distribution. One of the "Always Included" vi's (which of course is not empty) contains such a dependency that I cannot solve and LabVIEW returns an error during the build. So I need to resolve it but I don't no how...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,273 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Steffan.W

Hi Steffan,

recreate that "kind of broken" aka "insane" VI from scratch…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,240 Views)

Yes, it looks like this vi is kinda corrupt. It consists of a sub vi that is not visible on the diagram or something like that.
Creating it from scratch will solve this issue I guess. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,230 Views)