From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to pass data from a Host interface to Labview FPGA

I am using a PCI7530R series DAQ. I am running a simple labview FPGA program on that to generate PWM signal given an ON Time and a switching period which are my control inputs. I created an Lvbit file for the same and I am using a host program to do some floating point processing on the inputs to the FPGA. However, I am not able to pass any information from the host program.

I do not get any errors while I run the host interface, but I do not get the correct PWM pulse with the time period and the on time. I am not able to send data back and forth to the host program...I am hoping you can point me to the right direction. 

Thanks in advance.

VA

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,587 Views)
Well, how are you transfering the data? It would be a good idea to post your code, so we can have a look and comment on it.
Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,582 Views)

Attaching my host program, host project, FPGA program, FPGA project and my lvbit file for your reference. Thanks in advance

VA

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,573 Views)

OK the first thing you need to know is that you don't need to have a project each for the host and the FPGA. You can combine them both in one project. Is there a reason you have seperated them into different projects? Also, run a simple program to test whether you are able to transfer the data correctly and maybe run another simple program to see if the FPGA is working as you want it to. I would recommend that you have a look at some tutorials that are available on NIs website and go through some of the examples in Example Finder. If you have any other questions, please post back.

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,568 Views)