From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to open saved TDMS file using excel importer or otherwise

I am unable to open any of my saved TDMS files using the excel importer add-in.

I use to be able to do this and on the same machine but can't tell why I can't now.
Solutions would be appreciated. Thanks
I use excel 2016.

[BADGE NAME]

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,039 Views)

Excel 2016 is fairly new and has lots of changes under the hood. The excel importer may not work yet. Have you tested it on older versions of Excel on the same computer?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,998 Views)

I have a customer that also relies on viewing TDMS files in Excel and their company recently pushed all their computers to Office 2016.  The add-in for Excel that they are used to now doesn't work.  The workaround for now is that they can view the TDMS data in a graph within their LabVIEW application and right-click the graph and use the Export options to export to clipboard or export to Excel to get the data into the Excel 2016 environment.

How long is the TDM add-in expected to lag in compatibility?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,872 Views)

I do not use Office 2016 yet, but I may need to use it soon.  Office 2013 was released in January 2013, and it wasn't until the 2014 release of this add on that Excel 2013 was supported.  This release came out in August 2013.

Office 2016 came out last September, and I suspect that given NI's release cycle, that there will be a new version of this toolkit for the 2016 released in August which I would be quite surprised if it didn't have Office 2013 support.

I don't work for NI, but I think the answer is it will be supported in the August release.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,865 Views)