LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to lock memory chunk error-71352003

Hello,

I keep getting this error with my PDA app. "App failed. Error code 71352003. Unable to lock memory chunk."

I did some searching on the web and it seems this maybe caused by data type conversions routines (int to strings, etc...).  Is this indeed the cause? If so, how do you work around this error?

Thanks

Scott
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,364 Views)

Good afternoon,

I apologize that you are experiencing this unusual error.  We have no record of this exact error number, but the message ‘unable to unlock memory chunk’ has been seen before.  Are you using DAQ?  If so, this KB (http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/E8E3AA97EA29D7D686256E9000698B3C?OpenDocument) discusses one known issue.  Otherwise, the error has been seen in several other circumstances.  Usually it’s a result of the code you are using containing a feature in LabVIEW that is not supported for the PDA module.  In this case, regular debugging techniques should be used – basically just go through (after backing up your program) and delete elements until the error goes away.  From that you should be able to determine what exact component of the program results in the error.

In any case, please let us know how it goes – we’re happy to help with any other questions you have along the way!

Travis M
LabVIEW R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,351 Views)
I am not using a DAQ, just a PDA with a serial card and two serial devices. I am attempting to port a LV program I wrote to work on a laptop over onto the PDA. It osunds like this is the root of the problem. I'll let you know when I find out exactly what is causing the problem.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,280 Views)
Travis,

I figured out the problem. The error is caused by having a tabbed container in another tabbed container. This only happens in the PDA environment.

-scott
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,200 Views)
"Usually it’s a result of the code you are using containing a feature in LabVIEW that is not supported for the PDA module."

Looks like this was the case!  I'm not too sure if this limitation is documented or not, but hopefully the AE that reads this post will keep us updated about this.

Thanks for posting the solution -- it always helps to have more info on these issues!
Travis M
LabVIEW R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,195 Views)