From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to locate the Labview Runtime engine for vi manager.

i have installed the labview version 2012 and try to connect with it the JKI VI Manager but having  a erroe as shown in image file.  Please provide necessary instruction.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,350 Views)

The LabVIEW RTE should be part of the installer.  But if it isn't, then go download the LabVIEW 2013 Run Time Engine.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,348 Views)

thanks for taking interest. As i have tried to install from the provided link but it did not worked out.

@crossrulz wrote:

The LabVIEW RTE should be part of the installer.  But if it isn't, then go download the LabVIEW 2013 Run Time Engine.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,346 Views)

Then I would recommend reinstalling VIPM.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,343 Views)

Did you try either of the suggestions mentioned in the Error message?  I've installed VIPM without the correct RTE before, and going either the NI's site to download it or to JKI's site (where they have helpful instructions -- I don't recall if they directly provide the RTE or point you to NI).  You have to not only download a file, but you need to execute it, as it is an Installer.

BS

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,273 Views)

I think starting around 2013 VIPM was forced to make a new installer.  Previously the installer was written in LabVIEW, and as a result you needed the run-time engine installed before installing VIPM.  Now VIPM is bundled with the disk suites that NI sends out, which intend on installing software before LabVIEW is installed.  So they have a version of the installer that runs without needing LabVIEW installed yet.

You may also want to contact JKI, or their forums if you can't figure it out, we can help but JKI is more equipped to troubleshoot issues VIPM.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,244 Views)

Thanks this solution along with reinstalling of vi manager worked out for me. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,237 Views)