LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to load/find RTwatchdog.llb

I am trying to open Watchdog - RT Engine.vi in the LabVIEW 2015\examples\Real-Time Module\NI Watchdog directory. I am getting a problem where it cannot find a control nammed "Watchdog expiration actions.ctl" when opening the VI. I have LabVIEW 2015 with real time installed along with the device drivers. I can't find where this control is.

When loading, it is searching for:

<vilib>:\RTwatchdog.llb\Watchdog expiration actions.ctl

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,016 Views)

I opened the project (when working with RT targets and RT code, it is really necessary to use projects):

Watchdog - RT Engine.lvproj

in LabVIEW 2015\examples\Real-Time Module\NI Watchdog directory and was able to open the VI Watchdog - RT Engine.vi from the project. No missing dependencies.

Thanks for your time - Chris
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,986 Views)

path of RTwatchdog.llb should be

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2015\Targets\NI\RT\vi.lib\RTwatchdog.llb

If it is not there, either it got moved/removed, or RT installation had issue, in which case you would want to force reinstall LabVIEW Real Time.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,967 Views)

I did the LabVIEW Real Time repair and it still wasn't there. Do I need to do a full reinstall?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,962 Views)
Kelle, thank you! I was looking in a different directory this whole time. The RTwatchdog.llb file is in the directory you specified. The only thing I have remaining now is to find niwd4c.dll. I saw I have other dlls that start with niwd4c, but then contain other characters afterwards. Do you happen to know what package that dll is a part of?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,957 Views)

that dll should be located in

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\RT Images\NI-Watchdog\15.0

If it is not there, or if you do not have that folder, then you might be missing stuff.  Look at this forum thread too (http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Where-do-I-find-the-library-quot-niwd4c-quot/m-p/3180899).

Force reinstall is different than repair, as it goes through and reinstalls everything.  Repair will not necessarily reinstall items if it already finds that they exist.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,946 Views)

Isn't the Watchdog Timer code installed with the Device Drivers?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,930 Views)