LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to load .NET Framework 4.5 and cannot initialize Kinect v2

The problem is that I want to use LabVIEW in designing a software using Kinect v2 by Microsoft but cannot initialize it. The message says "Error 1386 occurred at Constructor Node in Kinect_API.lvlib:Initialize Kinect.vi->Kinect_API.lvlib:Kinect Demo.vi" and "Possible reason(s): LabVIEW: The specified .NET class is not available in LabVIEW." when I use Kinect LabVIEW Interface Using Microsoft Kinect API. I have install the Kinect drivers and I can use C++ to initialize Kinect. The required file LabVIEW.exe.config I have also attached to LabVIEW 2014 root folder. I think the main problem could be the .NET framework. The .NET I installed was 4.5.XXXXX and the operating system is Windows 8.1 64-bit. 

Appreciate for helping me.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,444 Views)

What do you have in your LabVIEW.exe.config? By default LabVIEW 2014 uses the .NET CLR 4.0 for .NET assemblies. Do you know what CLR version the Kinect API is written in?

Also, there's some information here that might help you out: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361K-01/lvconcepts/net_defaults/

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,407 Views)

Hi Sam,

Thank you for your reply. The version of .NET runtime I installed is 4.5.50709. And I have added this version to LabVIEW. The message keep on showing when I use Kinect v2 even I re-installed the Kinect API and restart the computer. Is there any other method when I initialize the Kinect in LabVIEW?

Thanks,

Leo

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,383 Views)

.NET 4.5 isn't backwards compatible with .NET assemblies that are built in .NET 3.5/3.0/2.0 etc. Depending on the version of .NET the Kinect SDK was developed with you need to use the appropriate .NET with LabVIEW and make sure you have the appropriate .NET runtime installed.

If the Kinect .NET API is built using .NET 3.5/3.0/2.0 then I think you need to change your LabVIEW development environment to use the older version of .NET (I think...)

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,374 Views)