From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to initialize connection to remote target

The device is NI PXI-1010, I can ping the device but I cannot connect it through MAX.  I am using version 4.5.  Whenever I try to set up a new remote system, it cannot find the remote device.  I have tried using both the computer name (which is resolved to an IP address in the hosts file) and the just IP address.  I get this error:  "Unable to initialize connection to remote system(s)."

I am able to ping the remote computer and but I cannot browse to it in Windows Explorer.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,032 Views)

The PXI-1010 is just a chassis.  What controller are you using?  How is it configured?  What OS does it have?

If you have a Windows controller, then you probably need to setup sharing, domains, and other network settings.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,027 Views)

OK, I am using the XP in both computer, what I need to set? And I am a beginner, Please tell me more details. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,021 Views)

The first thing I would check would be the workgroups.  If the workgroups are not the same, Windows will make it very difficult to communicate with each other.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,014 Views)

I cannot make them in the same group and I have tried to do that and Max are still unable to find the PXI. FYI, the PXI is 8187. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,998 Views)

So far,I reinstalled the OS and I can see the chassis on NImax. But why I cannot find device? Do I need some driver?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,980 Views)