LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to display the front panel of the VI

@Intaris wrote:

@billko wrote:
Quantum physics says you can be at your desk and simultaneously be on a beach in Miami, but it's probably not going to happen within the lifetime of the universe.  Same idea here, but not quite so improbable.  😉

Any more questions....

I stand corrected...  😄

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 71 of 72
(441 Views)

Hi,

VI corruptions like this can be caused by a variety of things. If a VI is corrupt it can be quite difficult or impossible for LabVIEW to open that file. This is a situation where there are a number of issues that all end up with the same symptom of a corrupt VI. We fix the ones that we can diagnose and in more recent versions of LabVIEW we added additional sanity checking to detect and recover from corruptions (which also helps us find ways the corruptions occur), so the suggestion by Dennis to try and open VIs in the latest version of LabVIEW is a good troubleshooting step for trying to open a corrupt VI. As mentioned, there is a tradeoff between sanity checking and performance.

These issues are often very difficult for NI R&D to reproduce, and looking at a corrupt VI does not always give much insight into how it became corrupted. We have done a lot of work to fix these issues and improve stability in LabVIEW. That being said, I would encourage you to use source code control when working on projects, not just to protect yourself from corruptions, but for all the other benefits you get from source code control

Regards,

Jeff Peacock 

Product Support Engineer | LabVIEW R&D | National Instruments | Certified LabVIEW Architect 

Message 72 of 72
(398 Views)