LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create auto-indexing loop tunnel

I am modifying a VI created by someone else, and in the block diagram there is a loop tunnel that is supposed to be auto-indexing. But when I open the file the loop tunnel is non auto-indexing and will not allow me to change it to auto-indexing (when I right click it says "Disable Indexing" but it is light gray and cannot be clicked on). When the same file is opened on another computer the tunnel is auto-indexing and the VI runs without any errors. How can I fix this problem?

Using Labview 2013

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,994 Views)

Can you show us a screenshot or attach the VI?

Could it be that there are two tunnels right on top of each other?

(Maybe you need to repair the LabVIEW installation.)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,982 Views)

Attached is a screenshot of the portion of the block diagram. There is definitely only 1 loop tunnel. If it is an error with the installation, how can I go about repairing the installation?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,974 Views)

Your DAQmx task outputs a broken wire and LabVIEW cannot tell if it is an array or scalar, thus no indexing. The black text "Channels" indicate that the property is not available. 

Most likely DAQmx is not installed correctly on that computer. Nothing wrong with LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,967 Views)

Ok, thank you for the help. When I re-install the DAQmx do you have any advice? Are there additional options I should check that may help with this problem?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,958 Views)

This normally happens when you install DAQmx before installing LabVIEW.  The DAQmx installer will autodetect what programming language support needs installed.  So you do not need to do anything special other than install the drivers after installing LabVIEW.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,953 Views)