From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect from bundle to temperature graph

Hi! There is the problem that I am facing now, is the connection that says,

You have connected two terminals of different types.

The type of the source is cluster of 2 elements.

The type of the sink is 1D array of

double [64-bit real (~15 digit precision)]

how to figure this out and may I have the solution, please?

Aloysius Low

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,566 Views)

If you look at the context or detailed help for the graph, it explains the data types that it accepts. The waveform graph is used for displaying a complete set of time-series data with a uniform time between points. (with a t0, dT and Y values). It accepts either a 1D or 2D array of points (where t0 = 0 and dT = 1) or a waveform.

You are probably looking for an XY graph instead of a waveform graph - that is used to display an arbitrary plot of X & Y values and accepts a cluster containing an array of X and Y values.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,553 Views)

I cant open your vi as I only have 2012 on this machine. A snippet would be useful.

However, the error message explains everything 🙂

Looks like you are trying to feed a cluster of two elements into a graph that is expecting a 1D array of numbers. Where do you get your cluster from, and what are the two elements in it? Normally you would have an array of data to feed into a graph (feeding in just one point kind of defeats the object of having a graph) so why do you have a cluster rather than an array?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,552 Views)

You need to wire it to a XY graph the way it is programmed in your VI.  The first array contains the X values and the second array contains the Y values.

Now, if it's not what you want, you can still use a waveform graph but instead of using the bundle cluster use the build array, but this will create two waveforms.  See examples below:

XY GRAPH.png

Waveform graph.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,538 Views)

Thank you for the solutions.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,507 Views)