LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to compile VI to executable

I receive the following error message when I try and compile my project to an executable:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Error 1003 occurred at ABAPI Dist Chg and Save VIs.vi -> ABAPI Dist Build LLB Image.vi -> ABAPI Copy Files and Apply Settings.vi -> EBEP_Invoke_Build_Engine.vi -> EBUIP_Build_Invoke.vi -> EBUIP_Build_Invoke.vi.ProxyCaller

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  The VI is not executable.   
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I can compile other VIs and some of the examples without any issues.

Sometimes my main VI is not executable and other times it is executable.

When it is broken, the error indicates that there is an unwired terminal in a sub VI.  When I inspect the trouble causing VI, there are no unwired terminals or broken wires. 

It seems to be an issue with ActiveX and using an Invoke Node to open an Excel Workbook. 

In order to return it to working order, I need to delete and recreate and rewire the Invoke Node in the sub VI and all is well again.  I can run everything in LabView itself, but when I try and create an executable, I encounter problems every time.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,534 Views)
Thank you.

I was able to compile it on my home system last night.  It is Windows XP versus Windows 2000 at work.  Potentially that may make a difference.

There were a couple of new articles in your list that I didn't find yesterday.  I will give them a try and update this thread.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,497 Views)
I just tried building it on my Windows 2000 machine at work again before trying any of the suggestions in the articles.

It built cleanly without any errors or warnings.

I can only guess at what might have changed.  Although I am pleased that it will build, I would like to know what caused the problem in the first place.

Thanks again.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,493 Views)
Hi Dr. No,

I'm glad to hear that it's working now. One other reason this may have happened is that by switching computers back and forth, you might also be changing versions of Microsoft Office -- each version has a slightly different ActiveX interface. I believe the latest is Office 11 (the 2003 edition). If the invoke nodes point to a different ActiveX object than they were originally created for or point to updated methods in a new object library, you will have to rewire the refnums. If you discover anything more, please post back so they rest of us can learn! 🙂

Thanks,
Charlie S.

Visit ni.com/gettingstarted for step-by-step help in setting up your system
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,484 Views)