From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to browse OPC Server from the selected machine / Error -2147221163 occurred at GetOPCServerList.vi

Hallo,

I just installed LabVIEW 8.2 DSC-Module and tried to configure a OPC Client Instance. I get the Error "Unable to browse OPC Server from the selected machine / Error -2147221163 occurred at GetOPCServerList.vi". I have no OPC-Server installed, but is there no Demo-Server?
Thank you
Thomas
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(7,723 Views)
Check your security settings.  First, turn off the windows firewall.  Search on DCOM settings on this site.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(7,704 Views)
I don't want to connect to another machine.
I would like to connent to a Demo OPC Server on the same machine, like it was possible for example in LabVIEW 7.0.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(7,687 Views)
  1. This issue might be related to opcenum not being registered correctly. Please follow the steps explained in this document to fix this problem.
  2. As OPCdemo follows the OPC 1.0 standard it is not supported by the OPC client in LV DSC 8.x which supports OPC 2.0 and 3.0 servers. You can download an OPC 3.0 compliant demoserver from Matrikon.

I hope that helps,

Jochen Klier
National Instruments Germany
Message 4 of 5
(7,680 Views)
Yes, it did help!

Thank you very much.

Thomas
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(7,675 Views)