LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add "Additional Installers" to Application Installer

hi there

i updated my application from 8.20 to 8.5. The application needs DataSocket and Report Generation support. But i can't add any additional installers to my Application Installer Build specification because the controls are disabled (see attachment "DisabledControls"). When i try to build the installer i got the errors (see attachment "ErrorMessages")

>> CDK_Item_OnDoProperties.vi.ProxyCaller
>> CDK_Item_OnDoProperties.vi
>> CDK_InstallerConfiguration_Editor.vi
>> CDK_Build_Invoke.vi
>> CDK_Engine_Main.vi
>> CDK_Engine_PreBuild.vi
>> CDK_Validate_DistParts.vi
>> CDK_DistParts_GetInstalledProducts.vi
>> NI_MDF.lvlib:MDFCommon_Open.vi

There are other posts regarding these error messages, but i havn't found an answer yet.

I'm able to build and execute the application, but i can't create any installer!!

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in andvance

Best regards
chris

CL(A)Dly bending G-Force with LabVIEW

famous last words: "oh my god, it is full of stars!"
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,924 Views)

hi there

this is fun: clean installation of LV 8.5 on a clean system, but still can't add any "Additional Installer" Thanks a lot....

Best regards
chris

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,905 Views)

now i installed the previous release of LV8.5 (Q2 instead of Q3 on the same machine). and guess what: now it works (see attachment)! 3 days of work!! brilliant.

Best regards
chris

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,901 Views)

@chrisger wrote:

now i installed the previous release of LV8.5 (Q2 instead of Q3 on the same machine). and guess what: now it works (see attachment)! 3 days of work!! brilliant.

Hi Chris,

If you still have that clean machine set up with 8.5, would you mind adding the following config token to your LabVIEW.ini file: CDK.EnableLog=TRUE. This will create a log file with hopefully more information about the error reported by NI_MDF.lvlib:MDFCommon_Open.vi and the blank Additional Installers page. Be sure to restart LV after adding the token.

Besides LabVIEW 8.5, was there anything else required to be installed on the clean machine in order to cause the Installer Builder UI to show a blank Additional Installers page? I'm unfamiliar with the Q3 label you mentioned, so I'm wondering if the CD you used to install LV had any other version numbers, such as a Developer Suite #.

Looking forward to your response.

-Bob
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,864 Views)

Hello Bop

"If you still have that clean machine set up ..."

i had to hurry up a bit to create the installer today, so i re-installed the Q2 distribution to my development system this afternoon. but a colleague of mine is showing up tomorrow, he also has a Q3 distribution, so i can do this test.

"Besides LabVIEW 8.5, was there anything else required..."

The app works just as a OPC client application, so i just installed plain LV 8.5 without device drivers, toolkits, modules or 3rd party etc.

"I'm unfamiliar with the Q3 label you mentioned..."

we use the devolper suite. Since 2007 the DVDs are labelled as "Third Quarter 2007" etc. instead of "August 2007". The LV .- Version has not changed between the two distributions (const. 8.5), and no device drivers, toolkits or modules has been used (but they have been installed on my original Q3 development system !).

I hope to have some logfiles tommorrow afternoon.

Best regards
chris

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,860 Views)

Hello Bop

no problems on my colleagues Q3 system. So i reinstalled the Q3 on my development system, and now it works there also!

maybe the problem was the upgrade of the source/project files from 8.20 to 8.50, and not the development system, but i don't want to try to reproduce the error#

Sorry, no files for you! If something similar happens with one of our other projects i'll append to this post.

Thanks anyway

Best regards
chris

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,837 Views)

@chrisger wrote:

maybe the problem was the upgrade of the source/project files from 8.20 to 8.50,

That sounds like a reasonable guess to me. If you run into it again, let us know.

Best,
Bob
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,819 Views)

Hi,

Same problem, different scenario.

I also get the disabled "Other installers" panel and the installer is not created (nothing happens really) and I only get the same error message posted before.

I modified the .ini file to get a log of this (attached).

OK, now the scenario. LV version 8.6 (Third Quarter 2008). The project was created from scratch on this version and it DID work before. It is not "project" specific because I opened an older project (also 8.6, created in the same machine) and I got the same problem.

Thanks for any ideas!!

/El Gus 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,488 Views)