cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Install Some Components to RT Target

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear all,

I am trying to install software to RT target (a desktop computer) through MAX. However, the "NI Application Web Server 2.0" and "NI Web-based Configuration and Monitoring 2.0" fail to be installed, and the former one depends on the latter one. I got this message:

"NI Web-based Configuration and Monitoring 2.0.0 needs WIF core dependencies 1.0.6

NI Web-based Configuration and Monitoring 2.0.0 needs WIF core dependencies 5.0.0"

So what should I do? Any suggestion and help is welcome and appreciated.

Su 

P.S. Now I am not able to deploy a RT project onto the target, only to be informed that "LabVIEW: unable to load nisysrpc.dll". In fact I can see the file on the host computer under the path "C:Program Files/National Instruments/RT Images/NI System API/5.0.0&5.1.0" . It seems that the dll fails to be loaded into the target machine. I wonder if it has something to do with the problem aforementioned.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,157 Views)
Solution
Accepted by coalflame

I think your message is suffering from a copy-paste error, the message you've posted is not possible.

Usually when customers run into situations where X version of the Y cannot be installed, it's often because they've got multiple versions of LabVIEW RT installed on their host machine and they're trying to install new components into older versions of LabVIEW Real-Time.  Can you take screenshots of your error dialog, and/or show a listing of installed software (via a MAX report)?

-Danny

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,124 Views)

Dear Danny,

Thank you for your reply and sorry for my delay in response. The attached file is a screenshoot of successfully installed software last time.

Maybe you are right because our RT suffered from file corruption and I had tried a reinstalling. I followed instructions described here http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Problem-in-installing-the-LabVIEW-2010-plz-help/m-p/1636282/message-... but it is possible that it didn't remove everything before another installing, so some conflicting happens due to reasons you supposed.

We reinstall the OS and tried another "clean" installing of LabVIEW and RT on the host computer. On installing "NI Web-based Configuration and Monitoring 2.0" through MAX to the target we noticed files related to WIF were being loaded first. Now everything is OK.

Thank you again and best wishes,

Su

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,098 Views)

Hi,
I am trying to install a software into RT Target(myRIO) through MAX. By right clicking on the "software" icon and selecting "Add/Remove Software", it appears to be asking for password. I tried to used my NI username, but it only accepted the "admin" as the username and the password for it. What is this "admin" username is referred to?
Untitled.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,927 Views)

Hi hafiz,

you can set admin password on a my/cRIO RT hardware. To change important settings you need to login using that admin password.

So you need to ask whoever gave you that myRIO…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,923 Views)

Hi gerdW,

Thank you very much for the reply. Indeed, it is the username and password of the board's owner. Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,887 Views)