From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultrasonic Sensor daqmx

Hey people,

I am currently working on a project to test ultrasonic sensors (Pepperl+Fuchs UB4000-30GM-H3-4Dt04) using the continous measurement and logging message handler labview template. I am using an NI 9425 digital input and an NI 9475 digital output module. In my attached program I am able to display the digital signal as well as show the initial trigger that sends the pulse from the sensor out. Unfortunately I cant figure out how to display the echo pulse (response) of the sensor. Another relevant issue is that whenever the sensor triggers a pulse, the digital signal goes to 0 and stays there even after the VI is closed. The only way ive been able to get the digital signal back to a 1 is to disconnect and reconnect the input module. any help, feedback, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,927 Views)

sweet so an error occurs when i try to post my program

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,925 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,918 Views)

Hey,

actually I am also working on a project with an ultrasonic sensor from Pepperl+Fuchs.

I would like to measure the time my ultrasonic impulse needs to travel to the nearest object.

I have some problems in triggering the signal and getting a precise time value and I would

really appreciate any help. Maybe you where able to fix that problem last summer ?

Thanks in advance for any help!

I am using Labview 11.0. It would be so cool, if you would post your VI's for that version. Smiley Happy

Best greetings,

Felix

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,686 Views)

Hi Felix,

In the event that you don't receive a reply about this issue, it may be wise to start a new forum post.  I hope you are able to resolve the issue soon!

Andy G
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,627 Views)

Hey Andy,

I haven't received any reply yet, but I have started a new post concerning my problem.

Hopefully there will be someone who can help meSmiley Happy

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Signal-Triggering-for-ultrasonic-pulse/td-p/3101932

Felix

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,602 Views)