From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USRP connection with LAbVIEW

I am working on NI USRP2 connection with LabVIEW 2014. I have sucessfully done configuration but at " NI measurement and Automation explorer ", I am not getting NI USRP device.  

Kindly do the needful .

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,118 Views)

Hi Jenil,

It is important that you flash the firmware to your USRP2. Please reference this forum: http://forums.ni.com/t5/USRP-Software-Radio/I-can-t-connect-the-USRP2-with-my-computer/m-p/1863665

If you are still experiencing issues, can you please let me know which USRP driver you have installed? Are you able to ping the USRP?

Kevin S
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 7
(4,077 Views)

Hello,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I have installed USRP 14.0 and when I pinged it , I got sucessful reply. Here , I have attached screen shot of that.

Actually, when I took out SD card ( containing Firmware ) and attached with my laptop then it flashes on"NI USRP configuration utilies " but once I inserted into machine it dont show.

Kindly do the needful.

Thank you

- Jenil 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,050 Views)

Based on your screenshots, it does seem like the USRP is showing up properly in the Configuration Utility and you are able to ping it. Are you able to use the USRP in LabVIEW? Please try some of the shipping examples located in the USRP example folder.

Start >> All Programs >> National Instruments >> NI-USRP >> Examples >> LabVIEW 

Kevin S
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 4 of 7
(4,029 Views)

Hello ,

Actully, I tried to update firmware first and I did add device manually because my device was not pop up automatically. Then I hit "WRITE IMAGE " , I got " session time out " error message. 

After that I tried to run examples. In some examples, I got error due some value problem and  some perform successfully. In block diagram panel, I can add function related to NI USRP but NI -MAX shows nothing at " Devices and Interfaces ".

What does it mean ? I got connection or not ? 

Would you please send me some basic and easy VI about USRP ? 

I have also attached a screen shot regarding problem.

kindly do the needful.

Thank You

- Jenil 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,979 Views)

The USRP is not supposed to show up in NI MAX. It looks like your USRP is connected and recognized properly. There are several basic examples for the USRP are located in the USRP palette in LabVIEW. 

Kevin S
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,947 Views)

Thank you very much.

I really appreciate your help. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,942 Views)