LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USE RS232 NI EXAMPLE ON cRIO 9870 MODULE

Hello,

1-My Current cRIO configuration , (attached Screen 2.JPG)

2-NI 9870 - Continuous Serial Read - On-Demand Write , Example Configuration , (attached  Screen 1.JPG)
http://www.ni.com/example/31366/en/

QUESTION: How to reconfigure Labview 2015 to use the NI 9870 - Continuous Serial Read - On-Demand Write , since the example does to run and Chassis configuration (CRIO 0.0.0.0 UNCONFIGURED IP ADDRESS ) needs to use my current chassis and 9870 module no 8 configuration instead of the default Example configuration.

Best Regards
MyKat

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,964 Views)

You need to add your chassis to the example project and then move the files/folders from the example chassis to your chassis in the project.

You will probably need to recompile the FPGA once you have moved the FPGA items over to your chassis. You will probably also need to check the slots/IO names from your chassis.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,950 Views)

any possible reference for doing theses steps ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,920 Views)

Could not figure out how to create (ITEMS TO MOVE) folder at the new FPGA target? please review attached (Screen 3.JPG)

Best Regards

MyKat

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,917 Views)

@MyKat wrote:

Could not figure out how to create (ITEMS TO MOVE) folder at the new FPGA target? please review attached (Screen 3.JPG)

Best Regards

Just drag the folder down to the other FPGA.  I am not sure the module will move though.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,911 Views)

Hi

-Now the example is re configured in accordance with cRIO hardware successfully , runs fine .

-Refering to the same example , the vi's are host and fpga as follow:

NI 9870 Cont Serial Read (host) , running under my computer
and
9870 Interface DMA (FPGA) , running under FPGA Target

-if i need to add more features to the labview project c-series ai,ao,dio ,..etc is it to be added to the host vi or to the fpga vi?

Best Regards

MyKat

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,808 Views)

Typically, you would want to acquire and output data either from the real-time processor of the cRIO or from the FPGA. There are pros and cons for both and it depends on what you need for your application. Look into chapter 2 of the following document and it will give you some things to consider before making your decision.

http://www.ni.com/pdf/products/us/fullcriodevguide.pdf

A Johnson
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,772 Views)