From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB read data

Dear Friends;

I want to read USB data from any known or unknown USB device. for example I want to read USB data from USB mass storage devices or read from unknown programmer devices that use USB connection for communication to PC.

Is this possible?

Is there a way to read USB data as easily as read serial ports data?

Can I listening or spying USB ports via reading it?

If I can please help me about it.

Thank you.
Message 1 of 4
(16,906 Views)
Do you have a driver for the device? That's the easiest way to do it. Otherwise, you have to resort to USB RAW. See here and here.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(16,889 Views)

Hi ,

I know it has been some time since you posted this thread. I came across it as I also faced the same problem. I'm a beginner in LabView but I need to learn to use it for my school project and urgently needed a solution. I need to connect a USB device to my laptop. This device acts as a receiver that constantly receives signal(waveform) from elsewhere. I want to know how am I going to receive and display the signal using LabView. I have my device driver as well. Pls tell me a way how to go about this. Thanks so much for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(16,210 Views)
Is this the same question you asked here? Basically what Dennis said is the same thing I would say: what information/software library did the vendor provide? Please continue the discussion in your original thread.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(16,191 Views)