LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB device communication through dll

Hi all,

I have a temp logger connected with PC by USB port and I need to communicate with the logger to get temp value. I found a dll file which contains communication functions that I can use to talk to logger by using "call library function". It seems should be very simple to do that. However, once I configured all the setting and input/output parameter according to dll documention, it always tells "argument error". I dont know whether I missed something or make something wrong in parameter setting. My labview is 2013 with window 7 32bit PC. the following picture shows one of the function I made to get device info. I aslo attaced dll file and doc here. please adivse if someone knows whatis going on here.

Thanks

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,020 Views)
According to the vendor's website the device also has a serial port and they include this note:

Customers wishing to write their own software, please contact your local distributor for the serial communications protocol specifications. (Note: Optional serial communication cable TR-07C is also required.)

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,999 Views)

Thanks Mike.

I checked with supplier. They can only provide me this kind of dll file. so there is no way to get commucation throught USB?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,958 Views)