LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB camera "could not be initialized properly" in vision assistant, error code unknown

Hi All,

I was working on a project with Labview 2011, and VDM 2014 (vision developement module), and VAS 2014_August (vision aquisition software).

I finished my project well including the use of vision assistant!

but when the temporary licenses expired for the VDM and VAS, then I want to activate the purchased licenses for both of them, I should use the VAS 2014_februar not augest!!!

then I uninstalled the 6 drivers included for the VAS_2014_August IMAQ & IMAQ Runtime, IMAQ I/O and IMAQ I/O Runtime, IMAQdx & IMAQdx Runtime, then installed the VAS_2014_02 February!

but the vision assistant stopped working!

as attached in the files, when I try to aquire an image from there, I get "The specified aquisition device could not be initialize properly"...

and if I am trying to press on grab I get the same!

I tried a lot of things like to remove drivers for the VAS_2014_08 then to install even the 2015 then to uninstall 2015 then to install again 2014 february...

also in the NI MAX I can find the camera and to activate to grab and snap! but not in the vision assistant!

what can you suggest for me as solution?!

Thanks.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,819 Views)

For the past several years, LabVIEW was released in August, with a Service Pack (SP1) released in February.  Thus LabVIEW 2014 was released in August 2014, LabVIEW 2013 was released in August 2013, and LabVIEW 2013 SP1 was released in February 2014.

You cannot depend on the year to know the LabVIEW Version!!

Also, LabVIEW is not really backward-compatible.  If you are doing serious Development work, you want LabVIEW and all of the relevant Toolkits and Modules to be the same Release (e.g. 2011, 2013, or 2014 -- don't "mix and match").  If you have NI Update installed, it should help you "migrate" to Service Pack 1, if necessary.

BS

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,804 Views)

VAS is named by month and year rather than by version number.  That's why he's using those terms.

Is your license only good for Feb 2014?  I was under the impression it was good for all versions so you could activate the Aug 2014 that was working for you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,797 Views)

Thank you all,

here I am waiting for my distributer to answer about that if the license will work on both VAS_2014_02 & VAS_2014_08, then it will be OK I think and I will install again the august version hope it the vision assistant will wok as in the beginning!

THanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,780 Views)