LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB camera problem - Error -2147024882 occurred at IMAQdx Open Camera.vi

Hi,

I have just started to try and use a new USB camera (5MP) on LabVIEW and I am getting this error (Error -2147024882 occurred at IMAQdx Open Camera.vi) along with the message

LabVIEW:  (Hex 0x8007000E) Ran out of memory.
=========================
NI System Configuration:  (Hex 0x8007000E) Out of memory.

Also MAX comes up with the error "0x8007000E Buffer size used is too small for minimum aquisition frame"

Is there a maximum camera resolution that MAX/LabVIEW can handle? Can I increase this buffer size?

I am using LabVIEW 2012 and MAX 5.5 on Windows 7 and the original MS LifeCam is working fine.

Thanks in advance

Ivan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,959 Views)

Hi IvanChurch, 

-I don't think there is limitation to the resolution of camera in MAX/LabVIEW. Because i've tried capturing images from my smartphone directly which is of 8MP.

-Can you please give us screenshot of acquisition parameters in MAX tab??

-Coming to labview out of memory problem, i think it's a general error encountered during infinite loop for creating buffers (it's just my assuption).

-Is it possible to post the labview code which u've tried??

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,936 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, it is hartening to know that large pixel cameras can at least be used.

Unfortunately I can't give any details from MAX because as soon as you click on the camera in the list you get the message (see picture).

I have also added a picture of the error from under LabVIEW and added the sinple camera monitor VI that I have used.

The camera is a Micrometrics 518CU.

Regards

Ivan

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,920 Views)

Hi IvanChurch,

-I've used your code and it's working fine in my pc.I was able to capture image using webcam. Seems no problem in this, still added delay in while to ensure proper delay is given for pc.

-Little bit of curious about your system config,particularly RAM size and free available during labview execution (can find this in Task Manager). Because if labview didn't have any free space during execution, it might be throwing this error.

-If the available free space is too low during execution, may be try clsong all other applications and try acquiring again.

Please revert back if the problem is not fixed 🙂

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,914 Views)