LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB RAW interrupt

Hi everyone,

I have USB Raw device, which was working fine. I was only getting the interrupt data out of the device. I was logging data from it. Suddenly it stopped reading data and was not recognised by MAX. MAX and Labview started crashing when I plugged this device in. However, they seemed to work when I restart the computer and giving me the same problems when I plug the device in. I can still get the data from device on VISAIC and is working fine but LabVIew and MAX are crashing. I have three other devices(serial) that I am working with and they are working fine it is Please suggest me what could be the problem here. I have Windows 7 and LabView 2010. I am in middle of my project and this happened. 

thank you. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,948 Views)

If LabVIEW and MAX are actually crashing, then it sounds like your VISA install is corrupt. You say you have three other devices that work fine, though, so that's strange. Are you using VISA to communicate with the other devices?

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,936 Views)

Yes I am using VISA serial for other devices and was using VISA USB for this one. So do you think reinstalling VISA might help? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,930 Views)

Do you have an SSP with NI? This sounds like something that they may have a list of suggested steps to solve the problem. If you have a subscription, you should call them up to get their input.

Otherwise, I would suggest a reinstall. If something was working and is no longer working, you have to look what what you changed. If you didn't change anything, then something may have corrupted.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,915 Views)

Thank you so much for your reply James. Yes I tried contacting them and will probably do that again.

But I am just wondering why it would work on VISAIC and not on others? 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,903 Views)

If someone else has encountered similar issues please let me know how you tackled it. This will really help me solve the probelm. I am having hard time solving this. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,886 Views)